ssh_prng_cmds in Solaris port

McClure, Clay Clay.McClure at bellsouth.com
Sat Jan 6 17:14:44 EST 2001

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to send this, but perhaps you can
forward it to the proper folks if not...

The Solaris port of OpenSSH includes an ssh_prng_cmds file used for
collecting entropy, however many of the commands listed in the file are
incompatible with Solaris command syntax.  Not knowing much about entropy or
random numbers, I've modified the file a bit to produce less errors and
included a few commands that I thought might produce some pseudo-random
output.  Perhaps it could be included in the Solaris port.

 <<ssh_prng_cmds>>
Overall I'm very pleased with the software.  Keep up the good work!

--
Clay McClure
Technical Architect
cmcclure at bellsouthips.com