OpenSSH 2.4.0 patch call..

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Mon Jan 8 07:19:46 EST 2001

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Kevin Steves wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Jan 2001 mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
> : On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Kevin Steves wrote:
> : > ok, i missed that one. is it feasable to move entirely to sigaction()
> : > and emulate with sigvec() if needed?
> : >
> : Don't see a problem with that.  I believe that is what Markus was
> : suggesting with his 'mysignal()'.
>
> mysignal() was a wrapper for sigaction()/signal().  signal was used if
> there was no sigaction.  i was thinking of using sigaction directly,
> then use sigaction/sigvec emulation if needed.  will that work?

As far as I know it should work fine.  Don't know how many platforms lack
sigaction() and would require sigvec().  I know NeXT lacks it.

I threw together a quick patch that replaced all signal() w/ mysignal(),
and I did not see any ill effects under Linux.  However, I did not push it
very hard either (due to time, and lack of any indepth knowledge of
signal() vs sigaction()).

- Ben