openssh-2.3.0p1 fails to transport rsync

Sarantis Paskalis paskalis at di.uoa.gr
Tue Jan 9 04:12:13 EST 2001

Hi,

I had previously noticed some peculiar log entries of the form  error:

error: channel 0: internal error: we do not read, but chan_read_failed for
istate 8

in my logs.  They were harmless as far as I was concerned.  I checked the
list archives, where the same logs have been reported and no solution was
presented.

Recently I tried to use rsync over ssh for backup purposes.  The remote
end runs Solaris 2.7 and the local machine RedHat Linux 7.0.  It fails
with the error message:

unexpected EOF in read_timeout

Simultaneously an error is logged in the Solaris machine

error: channel 0: internal error: we do not read, but chan_read_failed for
istate 8

The same command works a remote Linux machine.  Note that the same log
entry is printed in the remote linux logs.

Is it a known problem?
Thanks for any help.

Sarantis

--