Path to config files in manpages

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Wed Jan 10 08:07:33 EST 2001

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Christian Kurz wrote:
> On 01-01-09 mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
> > On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Christian Kurz wrote:
> > > I just noticed that the path to some config files in the manpages get's
> > > replaced during the build of the debian package with the pathes which
> > > are used during the build. This is not good, since the path will not be
> > > the same for the enduser, who installs the deb. Is it intented that the
> > > pathes in the manpage get generated during compilation and should I know
> > > generate a script for debian to fix them?
>
> > My suggestion is you pull the 'fixpaths' call out of Makefile.in and embed
> > the script into your install script.  That way it should be correctly
> > modified per each .deb install.
>
> Thanks, but I found an other better fix to generate correct pathes, but
> now I have the following problem: I said --sysconfdir=/etc/ssh and it
> uses this path in the compile process. But if I start sshd it tries to
> read /etc/sshd_config. Do you have any idea what I missed?

You'll be easiest off if you do something like RPM specfile after
building and installing under $RPM_BUILD_ROOT:

perl -pi -e "s|$RPM_BUILD_ROOT||g" $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_mandir}/man*/*

--
Pekka Savola                  "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                    not those you stumble over and fall"