ssh speed

Markus Friedl Markus.Friedl at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Jan 11 00:12:45 EST 2001

On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 10:37:35AM +0100, Markus Friedl wrote:
> did you use compression?

oops, i should read the all of the mail.

what did you do? scp? ssh+cat? sftp? http over forwarded
channels?

what are exact version of openssh? openssh-current? did you try AES?

what kind of network? CPU? transfer to localhost?

did you really use 'none' in SSH-2? did you hack the source (cipher none
should not be supported)?

-markus