Using ssh to login

Phuonganh N Nguyen pnnguyen1 at west.raytheon.com
Thu Jan 11 06:44:51 EST 2001

Hi,

I am on my machine with uid (as hughes) and login to another person's
machine with same uid (as hughes) (ie. pnguy hughes % ssh nsche), and
both machines have .rhosts and .shosts indicating a + 'sign' to indicate
no password required for uid hughes.

Why does ssh still request for a password (no password required when
using rlogin) providing that the hosts files on both machines have both
the usernames on my machine and another person's machine?

Please let me know if you need further information.

Thanks,
P(Ann) Nguyen