Is anyone else getting this build error?

Mo DeJong mdejong at cygnus.com
Thu Jan 11 17:42:07 EST 2001

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001 mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:

> > On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Mo DeJong wrote:
> >
> > > This is from the current CVS:
> > >
> > > % make
> > >
> > > In file included from config.h:629,
> > >                  from /home/mo/project/openssh_cvs/includes.h:20,
> > >                  from /home/mo/project/openssh_cvs/scp.c:77:
> > > /home/mo/project/openssh_cvs/defines.h:208: warning: redefinition of
> > > `clock_t'
> >
> > I moved clock_t detection from news4-posix.h  into a general
> > defination.
> >
> > > /usr/include/time.h:60: warning: `clock_t' previously declared here
> >
> > Hmm... Why did the test work fine under NeXT and Linux and fail under
> > Cygwin.  It looks like they all have clock_t defined in <time.h>
> >

> Sorry, I noticed you stated 'Redhat 6.2' later on.. I'm not getting this
> under Redhat 7.0.
>
> Kinda what I get for not reading things fully and being tired.=)
>
> ./configure | grep clock_t   and show me the line (on a fresh build).

There is nothing like that. I did find:

checking for bindresvport_af... no
checking for clock... yes
checking for fchmod... yes

>From config.h:

/* Define if you have the clock function.  */
#define HAVE_CLOCK 1

Oh, wait. My configure script must be out of date.

I reran autogen.sh and now I am seeing:

checking for ssize_t... yes
checking for clock_t... yes
checking for sa_family_t... yes

Now it compiles just fine. Of course, that brings
up an old issue. Why is there no configure file
checked into the CVS? I really should be up to
the developer to regen the configure file
when changes are made to configure.in. This
also make it really easy to build out of the
CVS, since you don't need to have the autotools
installed on the box you want to build on.

Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc