PAM & Configure

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Wed Jan 17 11:28:57 EST 2001

I have just checked in a change which makes PAM support optional and
disabled by default. Previously PAM support was detected and enabled
automatically if found.

The change was made because there is no workable way to make PAM work
'out of the box'. Each vendor implements PAM a little differently and
there appears to be no standard on the naming of modules or the augments
they take.

To enable PAM support, use the '--with-pam' configure flag. The RPM spec
files in contrib/* have already been updated to do this.

-d