OpenSSH 2.3.0p1 won't build on IRIX 5.2

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Thu Jan 18 01:59:25 EST 2001

On 17 Jan 2001, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2001, Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org> wrote:
>
> > This has come up in the past: we will not be including a regex
> > implementation in OpenSSH, the OpenBSD regex is ~100k of source.
>
> Ok, so how about configure hooks to use GNU rx, for example?

Hooks are in place for PCRE.  If I remember right there was only a few
minor tweaks to let GNU rx work.  And I have no if someone wants to send
me a patch to allow rx (as long as it does not break PCRE!).

NeXT is the only other platform I know at this point that lacks a POSIX
regular expression..  Thus the reason why PCRE is detected and used if no
system POSIX libraries are usable.  (Sony's News-os may be another, but
I've not heard back from anyone running that platform in a few months.)

=) If I had my way I'd get Apple to send me their 'libposix' CVS code from
their NeXTSTep 4.2 branch and fix it.  And migrate all the NeXTism back to
where it belonged.. but that will never happen since last I checked with
them they said, 'no'.

- Ben