Connections automatically timeout?

Gary Shea shea at gtsdesign.com
Thu Jan 18 03:15:10 EST 2001

Hi --

Recently set up OpenSSH on a number of machines that I'd been using
ssh2 on (illegally, it turns out... gotta read the small print!).
OpenSSH is working great except for one small thing.

If I leave an openssh connection untouched for a few hours, it seems to
automatically disconnect.  I don't see this behaviour with ssh.com
ssh, either v1 or v2.

I have Keep-Alive set to 'no' for both openssh and commercial ssh, but
can't find any other possibly relevant directives.  Am I missing something
obvious?

Thanks!

	Gary