Warning to all CVS users.

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Thu Jan 18 14:05:47 EST 2001

For all of you who are testing off the Portable CVS tree.  Let point out a
new 'feature' that was just brought over from the OpenBSD tree:

   - markus at cvs.openbsd.org 2001/01/16 19:20:06
     [key.c ssh-rsa.c]
     make "ssh-rsa" key format for ssh2 confirm to the ietf-drafts; from
     galb at vandyke.com.  note that you have to delete older ssh2-rsa keys,
     since they are in the wrong format, too. they must be removed from
     .ssh/authorized_keys2 and .ssh/known_hosts2, etc.
     (cd; grep -v ssh-rsa .ssh/authorized_keys2 > TMP && mv TMP
     .ssh/authorized_keys2) additionally, we now check that
     BN_num_bits(rsa->n) >= 768.

So keep this in mind. =)  This has bitten me in a the ass already while
trying to submit the whole ball of wax.

I believe this means that if you use the standard key generation of
OpenSSH you need to regenerate your keys.  (Which I can't do quite yet. =)

- Ben