sigchld_handler2.

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Fri Jan 19 01:55:44 EST 2001

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Alain St-Denis wrote:

> On 2.3.0p1, we have been experiencing the SSH2 stdout truncation problem
> that was reported by a few users.
>
> I built the 20010115 snapshot. It seems to correct the problem but
> before I was able to test it, I had to change sigchld_handler2 so it
> would not reset the signal handler before waitpid is called. On Irix, it
> seems a SIGCHLD is delivered for ever...

This has been talked about on HP/UX platform as well.  The feeling is that
sigaction() may be a better solution.  However, nothing has appeared in
the OpenBSD tree in regards to that solution yet.

As for the truncation problem.  It was introducted in around 2.1.1p4 in
hopes to deal with a problem with linux's 'select()' function.  It was
reverted in 2.3.0p2 snapshot because it was learned scp was effected by
it.

- Ben