OpenSSH 2.3.0p1 won't build on IRIX 5.2

Tim Rice tim at multitalents.net
Fri Jan 19 15:26:54 EST 2001

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Gert Doering wrote:

> Hi,

> > > ./configure --with-libs=-lrx --with-cppflags=-I/path/to/rx --with-ldflags=/path/to/rx
> >
> > The only problem is that compat.c (sp?) #includes regex.h, but there's
> > no such header file in GNU rx 1.5.  The header file is named
> > rxposix.h.
>
> Seems I was just lucky - the rx version that I have installed here is
> 0.12, from 1993 :-) and it has a "regex.h" file.
>
> So please ignore what I said about "it works with rx on SCO out of the
> box" - this is true, but only for sufficiently-old rx versions.

You may find that all it really neds is the regex.h file.
On my SCO Open Server 3 machine,
configure finds regcomp and therefor will not test for pcre
but there is no regex.h in the system include files.

If I grab regex.h from the HylaFAX sources it's quite happy with regex.
The regex functions are indeed in the system libraries.
Open Server 3 just doesn't have regex.h

Perhaps we could add it as fake-regex.h (it's only 3.6k)
and in compat.c do a

#ifdef HAVE_LIBPCRE
#  include <pcreposix.h>
#else /* Use native regex libraries */