Reduced sshd

Darren Moffat Darren.Moffat at eng.sun.com
Sat Jan 20 10:07:00 EST 2001

>I'm looking for a minimal implementation of the ssh daemon, which could,
>for example, be used in a linux router. Is there such a version, or should
>i try it myself?
>If i'm going to do it myself, which features can i remove, which is the
>best encryption methode to use?

If what you are asking for is minimizing the features that the connecting
client can use then most of this can probably be achived by setting options
in the config file.

As for the minimum encryption then the minimum as per the IETF draft is
3DES for SSHv2, but I would recommend supporting at least blowfish as well,
the rest - comment them out of the cipher.c file.  But you can do this
in the server config file anyway.

There is a lot of stuff you could probably remove from the code base if
you really wanted to rather than just turning it off in the server config,
but what do you believe this is going to achive for you ?

--
Darren J Moffat