error: getnameinfo failed

Suzuki Hideo hideo at yamato.ibm.co.jp
Mon Jan 22 19:26:06 EST 2001

I installed openssh-2.3.0p1 on AIX 4.3.3. However, I have a problem like below and I cannot start sshd.

# /usr/local/sbin/sshd -d
debug1: sshd version OpenSSH_2.3.0p1
debug1: Seeded RNG with 33 bytes from programs
debug1: Seeded RNG with 3 bytes from system calls
debug1: read DSA private key done
debug1: Seeded RNG with 33 bytes from programs
debug1: Seeded RNG with 3 bytes from system calls
error: getnameinfo failed
fatal: Cannot bind any address.
debug1: Calling cleanup 0x20023dc4(0x0)
debug1: writing PRNG seed to file //.ssh/prng_seed
#

I had no compilation error when I compiled openssh2.3.0p1. Please help me if someone know the solution.

-------
Hideo Suzuki
hideo at yamato.ibm.com