Solaris wtmpx patch

Steve VanDevender stevev at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Tue Jan 30 10:30:09 EST 2001

Martin Siegert writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Solaris (tested with 2.6) needs a username in the logout record in the wtmpx
 > file. Currently openssh (version 2.3.0p1) leaves the username (utmpx.ut_user)
 > empty in logout records, which leads to conflicting results from the last
 > command.

Solaris 2.7 needs this too.

I would very much like to see this patch or something like it put into
the distribution (I rolled my own attempt at this in 2.2.0p1 and haven't
yet gotten around to porting it to a recent snapshot and submitting my
own patch).  I would be happy if this was conditionally compiled to be
Solaris-only (I don't know that any other UNIXen have a problem with
this), if people don't think this is a good default behavior.