PAM namespace.

Darren Moffat Darren.Moffat at eng.sun.com
Wed Jan 31 04:33:29 EST 2001

auth-pam.c declares some new functions in the pam_ namespace that are not
part of PAM.

pam_password_change_required()
pam_msg_cat()
pam_cleanup_proc()

Purely to avoid any possible future problems I would suggest changing
these so they do not being with pam_, suggestions include:

	__ssh_pam_msg_cat()
	ssh_pam_msg_cat()
	do_pam_msg_cat()
	cat_pam_msg()

Please don't take this as a hint that any of these functions are going
to appear in a future release of Solaris just because I have an @Sun.COM
address - there is no hint intended.  I would just rather that OpenSSH
didn't polute the pam_ namespace.

The same could be said for the Kerberos namespace in krb4 but since krb4
is no longer in development the risk is much lower.

--
Darren J Moffat