openssh help

Aleksander Olsen cereal at enitel.no
Sun Jan 14 22:05:02 EST 2001

Hello

Just want to say thank you :) and ask you a question...

Yesterday I upgradet to the newest release. I had openssh compiled at path
/usr/local/openssh.x.x and simply "make clean" and "make distclean" from the
dir. I allso rm'd all the ssh* files from the /usr/local/etc/ dir. Hostfiles
etc. etc..
Then i rm -rf'd the earlyer release. untared the new one in the same
/usr/local and ran the commands:
"LIBS=-lcrypt ./configure"
"make"
"make install"

then i started the new one with "sshd"

Now the real question comes...
What did I do wrong? After sending the sshd some amounts of bytes over ex.
putty or secure crt i get disconnected. When ssh2'ing in i get to send 187
bytes every time. No more, no less. I did not have this problem before
"upgrading" .

My OS is Slackware 7.1 and running kernel 2.2.18.

Help! I dont want to use telnet anymore! :) I'm really looking forward for
an answer, and hope you know whats wrong.

regards,
Aleksander Olsen
cereal at enitel.no