turning on none cipher for v1 and v2 server

Steve VanDevender stevev at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Wed Jul 4 03:31:33 EST 2001

Mordechai Ovits writes:
 > Well, I need it for business reasons.   Can you point me to the people that
 > hacked the support in?

The only reason I've ever seen people give for wanting to have "none"
encryption is that they think the encryption is slowing down transfers
or consuming too much CPU time.  Generally neither of those things
happen, especially if you use the Blowfish or AES/Rijndael ciphers which
are very efficient.  Unless you're copying very large files you'll
actually consume much more CPU time doing authentication (RSA isn't
cheap, and DSA is worse).