connection attempt timeout - possible feature?

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Wed Jul 4 14:42:42 EST 2001

This was talked about on efnet #unixhelp about a week ago while talking
about why ssh takes such a long time to timeout.  It's a feature of the OS
and the connect() function call in question, IIRC.

So in theory one could wrap the call in sshconnect.c (both places) with a
timer to interrupt connect().  Not sure if there is a cleaner way off
hand.

- Ben