AIX 4.3.3 and password expiration/change bug?

Jason Grove jgrove at wvu.edu
Sat Jul 7 13:28:04 EST 2001

Hello All,
I have looked through the archives on MARC, and saw some people submit
patches but did not see if they were actually applied to the source. I
am having a problem with Password expiration and ADMCHG flags being set
on the user. I.e. if root changes the password of the user the
/etc/security/passwd gets updated and the user gets:

 flags = ADMCHG

If this flag is set I can log in to the box (with ssh) and it never
prompts me to change the password. However, if I log in with telnet it
prompts me immediatly to change it. I have looked through the source but
it has been a while since I done programming and I could not find
anything relavent to this. Can any one tell me where I might look to
find this or if this is actually already done.

I am using OpenSSH 2.9p2 on AIX 4.3.3 ML8.

Thanks
Jason
--
Jason Grove			   | Quantum materiae materietur
Systems Administrator	           | marmota monax si marmota