scp problem (openssh-2.9p2)

Joël Soete jso at europay.com
Mon Jul 9 21:33:43 EST 2001

Hello all,

scp does not preserve links (neither soft neither hard)

It is a problem with recursive option (-r) when you met some links like
Openssh -> .

In 2.3.0p1 it failled because of too long argument.
Also I upgrade (my client an HPUX-11.0 and my server an redhat-6,2 x86)
openssh to the last release 2.9p2.
But this release create in a loop (i presume until fs full) subdirectories
Openssh/Openssh/Openssh... with its content.

I consult marc.theaimsgroup.com archive mailing list but do not found any
recent report about this problem.

Thanks in advance for help,
     Joel

This e-mail and any attachments to it may contain confidential information which is strictly intended for the use of the authorised recipient.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender by replying to this e-mail.
Thank you for your co-operation.