Need a little advice!

mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Thu Jul 12 11:15:29 EST 2001

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, William L. Jones wrote:

> I am working on a modest to port openssh to CRAY T3Es and SV1s.  I am
> fairly close to finishing the patches. Most of the patches a fairly
> strait forward but I did one thing that I need some direction on.   I
> created
> a source file in openbsd-compat called cray.c.  It contains most of the code
> to support a cray.   I guess I could of stuck it into session.c but I felt
> that session.c is already getting cluttered.
>
> Before I generate  my patch I wanted to check and see I their would be
> any objection to this new file in openbsd-compat.

I would perfer functions that are required for a port to work to be in
openbsd-compat/.  Ensure that you attempt to keep your #if/#else/#end to a
*BARE* miminal.  We already have 3x as many #if/#endif in portable as that
is in the upstream source.  And it slowly makes it harder to sync the
trees.

- Ben