ChallengeResponseAuthentication - typos and inconsistancies?

Matthew Vernon matthew at debian.org
Sat Jul 21 23:03:44 EST 2001

Hi,

   It seems from the source code that there are a couple of quirks
with this option:

firstly, in the code it's mis-spelt as
"challenge_reponse_authentication"
and secondly, the default for the client (in readconf.c) seems to be
off, whereas for the server (servconf.c) seems to be on:
readconf.c:     if (options->challenge_reponse_authentication == -1)
readconf.c:             options->challenge_reponse_authentication = 0;
servconf.c:     if (options->challenge_reponse_authentication == -1)
servconf.c:             options->challenge_reponse_authentication = 1;
Finally, the manual page says:
The default is ``no''.

Which set of defaults should be kept? in any case, the man page should
agree with the code...

Cheers,

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."