Patches for Cray T3Es running Unicossmk and SV1s running Unicos

William L. Jones jones at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 25 04:48:07 EST 2001

I see if is intreasted in porting it to a cray.  And I will take a look
at his recent version and see if it can handle cray 64 bit carys.

> :2) Crays don't have setitimer so I changed scp.c to use alarm which
> :   should work on all systems.
>
> i can see if something like this makes sense to go into the openbsd tree.
>
> :3) Created bsd-cray.c in openbsd-compat.  This mainly supports
> cray TMPDIR
> :   environment variable, jid, and setting job and process limits
> form cray's
> :   udb.  I could have put them in seesion.c but I think
> session.c is getting
> :   to loaded with speicalied system codes.  The same is true for pty.c.
> :   Maby it time to split out the code int seperate system modules in
> :   the openbsd-compat directiry.
> :
> :4) Fixed a few minor issues with resetting SIGCHLD.  If you  permanently
> :install
> :   a signal with mysingnal for SIGCHLD you don't need to reset it in the
> :   sigchld handler.  You can get into a infinite signal loop if
> the sigchld
> :   handler does not reap the child win it is called if it reset
> the sigchld
> :   handler, it is a cray thing.
>
> does cray have sigaction()?  i think we should be using mysignal() in the
> protocol 1 loop now that the signal handlers have converged.  can you try
> the patch below?

Will do!

> :5) It is possible to get an EINTR on a waitpid call on a cray,
> it has to do
> :   with the job termination signal.  Loop on waitpid if errno is EINTR in
> :   serverloop.c
>
> another possible change to sync with openbsd.
>
> :6) Cray gets pty differently so getpty.c has a few more levels
> of ifdef's,
> :   sigh.
>
> i need to look at that closer.
>
> :7) Add some more cray specific prng commands. Needed more entropy!
> :
> :Let me know if you have any questions or need any changes to this set
> :of patches.

I still need to provided a better cray patch to deattack.c.  I botched
the one I sent out so that part of the patch should be appliced to
source the source.

Bill Jones