OpenSSH 2.9p1 on Solaris 7 x86 problems

Erik Deumens deumens at qtp.ufl.edu
Sun Jun 3 11:56:21 EST 2001

Dear sir-

 I have been trying to build and run OpenSSH 2.9p1 on Solaris 7 for x86.
I tried with SunPRO 5.0 compilers and gcc 2.95.2. I am using zlib 1.1.3
and openssl-0.9.6a.

 In all cases I can get ssh to work for version 1.

 In no case can I get version 2 to connect. With the SunPRO 5.0 compiler
the signature does not verify, with gcc, ssh dies in segmentation violation.
I can provide more details, if you wish.

 I use no special options in configure.

Thanks for any help or pointers,

Erik
|                         Dr. Erik Deumens                           |
|                       Director of Computing                        |
| Institute for Theory and Computation                               |
|                                in Molecular and Materials Sciences |
| Department of Chemistry                      Department of Physics |
| Quantum Theory Project                         deumens at qtp.ufl.edu |
| New Physics Building 2334          http://www.qtp.ufl.edu/~deumens |
| University of Florida                                (352)392-6980 |
| Gainesville, Florida 32611-8435                  FAX (352)392-8722 |