authorized_keys2 directory idea

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Mon Jun 4 08:26:41 EST 2001

At 5:08 PM -0400 6/3/01, Rob Hagopian wrote:
>My $0.02 is that I like it, and I find it easier to keep
>track of the keys and where they came from by having a
>directory format... could we at least put the patch in
>contrib?

I'll add another $0.02 to say that I think it is useful to
allow for a directory of public keys instead of a single
file.

If done, I might also suggest that ssh ignore all files in
that directory except for those which end in '.pub', just
to make it clear that the file should be the "public key"
and not the private one.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at eclipse.acs.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu