authorized_keys2 directory idea

Rob Hagopian rob at hagopian.net
Mon Jun 4 14:50:51 EST 2001

There is a whopping one patch (chroot.diff) in contrib that is not system
specific; I think we're a far cry from hundreds. If people want the
feature and a patch is circulated, people may apply it and never even
mention it. Patches accepted for contrib could be forced to add a tag to
the version line (similar to apache modules) so a developer knows exactly
what they're up against if someone reports bugs. (I could even forsee a
flag in config to reject connections to/from patched ssh distributions for
the really paranoid...) Would that aliviate some of your concern?
								-Rob