Handling of password & account expirations

Brian Poole raj at cerias.purdue.edu
Tue Jun 5 23:21:09 EST 2001

Quoting Kevin Steves (stevesk at pobox.com) from  4 June 2001:
> a portable BSD auth would be interesting, particularly if it shrinks the
> diff with openbsd openssh.  i don't see why we can't do this.

I can't see a reason besides the time factor, just requires someone to
actually write it.

> yes it is an issue, but i think the answer may be a portable BSD auth.

I can deal with that, I'm just glad that others agree that there is an
issue and it is something that should be dealt with.

So what is next? Who codes this portable BSD auth? I'm interested by BSD
auth but haven't found a ton of information on it (besides the man pages
which just give function information).

-b