HPUX: ssh hangs after shell exit

Tom Rudnick tom at avatar.itc.nrcs.usda.gov
Thu Jun 7 08:40:51 EST 2001

> :
> :1) establish connection to sshd using ssh simply via "ssh remote-host"
> :2) type exit in interactive shell on remote-host.
> :3) "logout" is echoed to the terminal and the local shell prompt is NOT
> :echoed.
> :4) type any other key, usually i just hit the space-bar. <<--PROBLEM IS
> :HERE
> :5) "Connection to remote-host closed." is echoed to the terminal
> :followed by the local shell prompt.
>
> can you try the patch at the end?  hp-ux (and possibly the other systems
> you mentioned) restart select() when SA_RESTART which we were setting for
> SIGCHLD, and we should not have select() restarted.
>
> i would also be interested in someone with Unixware trying this so we can
> further verify issues with grantpt(), which is why we added the restart
> code in the first place.

I just built 2.9p1 from the cvs (as of 16:00 MDT) and tested for the
hang problem on UnixWare 2.1.3.

The problem does not manifest here. Typing exit pauses for about a second,
then the session closes.

Let me know specifically what you want tested on Unixware and I'll
gladly do so.  I have Unixware 2.1.3 and 2.03 systems to build on.
Unfortunately I have to defer all Unixware 7.x testing to someone else.

I'm the guy that asked for SA_RESTART to be added so Protocol 2 would
work on Unixware, ...and am very willing to help solve problems so that
it remains. :)

Thanks,
-Tom Rudnick
--
Tom Rudnick     | USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service