Default Path in sshd_config

Crist Clark crist.clark at globalstar.com
Sat Jun 16 08:20:03 EST 2001

I was just building binary Solaris packages of OpenSSH for use at
our company. While doing so, it occurred to me that the only thing
that really stops me from being able to make a binary build totally
relocatable in the filesystem tree is the default path. Other than
that, I cannot think of any file path that cannot be modified with
either a command line option or in a configuration file.

Is there a reason that, for example,

  DefaultPath /opt/openssh/bin

Could not be something put into the sshd_config file? Or does this
exist in the code, but not (or I missed it) in the documentation?

(Oh, and I still need to hack around with the manpages by hand to
get them to work in Solaris, but I think that is a known issue?)
--
Crist J. Clark                                Network Security Engineer
crist.clark at globalstar.com                    Globalstar, L.P.

The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential,
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If
the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, or the employee
or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please contact postmaster at globalstar.com