SSH-AFS: Re: OpenSSH + Solaris + AFS ???

Martin MOKREJŠ mmokrejs at natur.cuni.cz
Wed Jun 20 05:06:04 EST 2001

Hello,
  if you link binaries against -ldes and -lcrypto , the resulting sshd
will not work if client uses 3des , try it! (tested on Irix 6.5, Solaris
2.6). Blowfish cipher works even in the previous case (no surprise, the
conflicting des code is not in use). Interrestingly, with that sshd I
couldn't login as root, only as user.

Working solution:
 Remove all occurencies of -ldes in openssh*/Makefile after the configure
step. I had to edit openssh*/defines.h and kafs.h, but this I've
already posted to the list (sorry, another list: see archive of krb4 at
http://www.natur.cuni.cz/cgi/wilma/krb4 ). On Irix I needed to include the
-I/usr/athena/include at the very beginning of the commandline - relates
to the kafs.h problem. Otherwise no problems.

  Tested on openssh-2.9p2. The source tree with my binaries for Irix and
Solaris you can get from
http://nmrindy.natur.cuni.cz/afs/natur.cuni.cz/src/kth-krb_and_ssh/

--
Martin Mokrejs - PGP5.0i key is at http://www.natur.cuni.cz/~mmokrejs