pam session

Jim Breton vader at conflict.net
Sat Jun 23 11:57:22 EST 2001

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 03:11:02AM +0200, Christian Kraemer wrote:
> This is espacially anoying if you
> use pam_limits.so to set rlimits. Every user could
> cirrcumvent them easily by calling ssh in this way:
> ssh user at server /bin/sh

Interestingly, Debian 2.2's openssh (1:1.2.3-9.3) does enforce rlimits
somehow, not sure if it was specifically patched to do this or perhaps
the older version just does not have this problem.

Just an FYI, while messing with this I also notice that the SSH_CLIENT
and SSH_TTY environment variables are not being set, and no authlog
message is generated.  (Neither of these problems exist in the Debian
build.)