AllowHosts / DenyHosts

Jim Knoble jmknoble at jmknoble.cx
Thu Mar 1 03:23:36 EST 2001

Circa 2001-Feb-28 14:24:41 +0100 dixit Laurent Papier:

: Markus Friedl wrote:
: > tcp-wrappers are not at all related to inetd.
: > they only can be used with inetd. you don't
: > need inetd if you want to use sshd + tcpwrappers
: > since sshd uses libwrap directly.
:
: I agree. I don't think we need a AllowHosts/DenyHosts.
: tcp-wrappers compile easily even on old system (AIX 3), and do the job
: just fine.

Out of curiosity, do tcp_wrappers handle IPv6 addresses properly?  I
seem to recall that /etc/hosts.allow uses a colon ':' as a field
separator....

--
jim knoble | jmknoble at jmknoble.cx | http://www.jmknoble.cx/