how can I reduce binary size of sshd?

Vikas Dewan vdewan at brocade.com
Thu Mar 1 10:47:48 EST 2001

Hi Guys

I need to implement ssh server daemon on OLD installations of real time OS, which uses flash memory and every program gets loaded in flash mem, once the device is booted.

I have very limited space in flash memory of this device.

SO what we are trying to do is reducing the size of sshd by taking out least common used things.

Can someone give me input what features, version and crypto algorithm - most of recent ssh clients are using, so that we cover most of them.

I already took out SSHv1, RSA and X11 from sshd. I need to reduce more in terms of size. Please guide me what-else I can safely remove without effecting major ssh clients.

thanks
Vikas