rsa_public_encrypt() exponent too small or not odd

Kevin Steves stevesk at sweden.hp.com
Fri Mar 2 04:36:45 EST 2001

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, CARLSON,MATTHEW (Non-HP-Cupertino,ex1) wrote:
: I am attempting to deploy OpenSSH.
:
: The trouble is I keep getting the rsa_public_encrypt() exponent too small or
: not odd with the SSH 1 or 1.5 protocols. I can't get OpenSSH to communicate
: with itself with any protocal other than SSH 2.

i have never seen this on hp-ux 11.  what openssh version?  i would
guess it has to do with either your specific build or your
configuration.  does openssl pass make test?  can you try with a new
host key?

: Platform notes:
:
: HP-UX 11.00 Dart 51 64bit