Fwd: OpenSSH on Ultrix?

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Fri Mar 2 22:21:51 EST 2001

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 09:45:19AM +1100, Damien Miller wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Gert Doering wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 08:27:08AM +1100, Damien Miller wrote:
> > > Yes - PRNGd is very nice and is superior to portable OpenSSH's own
> > [..]
> > > I strongly recommend it to everyone without a /dev/random.
> >
> > Are there any chances to use it on a system without unix sockets
> > (always the same problem here - SCO 3.0)?
>
> Lutz,
>
> Is there any chance of teaching PRNGd to listen on a localhost socket
> rather than (or in addition to) a Unix domain socket?

I have just released version 0.9.11 of PRNGd which supports TCP sockets
(localhost only) additional to Unix domain sockets.

The change needed in entropy.c should not be that large, but the configure
options need to be decided. --with-egd-port=portnum, than setting some
EGD_PORT variable. Support could be built into the existing get_random_bytes()
for EGD_SOCKET with some #ifdef's for EGD_SOCKET or EGD_PORT.
What do you think?

Best regards,
	Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/