make 2.5.1p1 on Solaris8 (fwd)

Andrew Stribblehill a.d.stribblehill at durham.ac.uk
Fri Mar 2 23:36:57 EST 2001

Quoting Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org>:
> Can a Solaris person take a look at this?
>
> --
> | Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org> \ ``E-mail attachments are the poor man's
> | http://www.mindrot.org          /   distributed filesystem'' - Dan Geer

Well, the Solaris 8 manpage says that getpgrp takes no arguments.
My guess is that GETPGRP_VOID is not being defined so the macro
  #define getpgrp() getpgrp(0)
is being used. This would point to a bug in autoconf, specifically
in the AC_FUNC_GETPGRP macro.

To confirm my guess, look in config.h for the line
  #define GETPGRP_VOID 1

Note: I don't get this problem with Solaris 8 (Sparc) on CVS as of
a week ago.

Cheerio,

Andrew Stribblehill
Systems programmer, IT Service, University of Durham England