Solaris port configure not recognizing --sysconfidir?

Hisashi T Fujinaka htodd at twofifty.com
Sat Mar 3 05:29:41 EST 2001

On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Damien Miller wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
>
> > I tried to move the configuration directory to /etc/ssh. Unfortunately,
> > there appears to be something compiled into sshd and into the solaris
> > build script.
> >
> > Rather than thrash around and try to hack random files on my end, I
> > thought I'd ask to see if I'm just doing something stupid or if someone
> > could tell me which files I really need to edit.
>
> You are talking about the stuff in contrib/solaris?
>
> This needs tweaking if you build with anything other than default
> configure options. A good project for someone would be to integrate the
> contrib/solaris stuff with configure so the paths, etc are automatically
> filled in.

Editting the stuff in contrib/solaris was my first try. Then I started
over (deleted the directory and untarred again) and did a 'configure
--sysconfdir=/etc/ssh'. Running sshd (and I made sure it was the newest
sshd by checking timestamps) complained about not being able to find
/usr/local/etc.

I dunno. I give up. /usr/local/etc isn't so bad.

Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd at twofifty.com
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $2.50 = mocha latte