openssh-2.5.1p[1,2] and scp-problems on Solaris7

Jürgen Ellinger ellinger at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Mar 7 04:03:21 EST 2001

Hi,

I'm not subscribed to that list, so please keep me in cc, if you decide
to answer my question

I'm trying to compile and install openssh for some solaris7-machines.
Everything works fine, but I'm continuously failing to connect openssh's
sshd with scp:

 I've tried openssh-2.5.1p1: the daemon died with signal 11 (SIG_SEGV) -
sure I've read the hint on that list
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=98322740311031&w=2),
and with the described workaround the daemon no longer crashes - but
the whole transaction hangs. In the meantime openssh-2.5.1p2 appeared
and
I tested, whether the problems are fixed in this version. Without any
patch the daemon does not crash, but the communication still is hanging.
The daemon starts a shell, the shell execs a 'scp -t <filename>' and
nothing happens. A traceback of the running process (done with Solaris
proctool) shows, that scp seems to block while reading (from a socket,
I suppose). I tried to contact the server with several implementations
of the client (linux, solaris, ssh, openssh etc), but I cant get the
stuff working.

So if anybody on the list has an helpful hint I would be very happy.
Feel free to ask if you need more information about config params or
something like that.

Thanks in advance!

Jürgen

Jürgen Ellinger