suggestion: saving old binaries during installation

Smith, Donald Donald.Smith at qwest.com
Thu Mar 8 10:51:02 EST 2001

kevin your right. The Makefile for ssh-1.2.31 does copy current FILENAME to
FILENAME.old then cp binaries around but the
Openssh Makefile doesn't.
The make install part of the Openssh's Makefile just calls install-sh it
would be fairly trivial to fix the install-sh to make backup copies of the
binaries. I have been spending too much time between the Openssh code and
ssh.com's code.
Sorry for the confusion.

Donald.Smith at qwest.com IP Engineering Security
303-226-9939/0688 Office/Fax