Strange problem with OpenSSH_2.5.1p1

Krzysztof Oledzki olemx at ans.pl
Fri Mar 9 06:25:09 EST 2001

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Damien Miller wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Krzysztof Oledzki wrote:
>
> > Hello :)
> >
> > I have just installed OpenSSH_2.5.1p1 in one of my machines and I've one
> > strange problem during connection from at least ssh-1.2.x clients.
> >
> > When I'm connected and only receiving data (for example looking into logs
> > with fail -f, watching my talk session, or something similar) after some
> > time (and some received data) session hangs until I send any data (by
> > pressing any key - like backspace, space, etc).
>
> Is there are firewall, NAT device or masquerading router between you and
> the machine that you are connecting to?
Ok. I'v done some tests:

1.
local computer: ssh-1.2.27
remote computer: OpenSSH_2.5.1p1
Both are connected to internet without NAT, local by 2Mbits HDSL, remote by 1 Mbit HDSL
command watched: watch -n 1 tc -s class show dev eth1

2.
local computer: ssh-1.2.27 (the same like in first case)
remote computer: OpenSSH_2.5.1p1
Both are directly connected to local havy loaded 100Mbit network
command watched: watch -n 1 w

And... sometimes it is posible to observe this behaviour after ~10-30
secound and sometimes I can wait for more than 20 minuts without any
result :(

3.
local computer: ssh-1.2.30 (but I'm not sure if this is 1.2.30)
remote computer: OpenSSH_2.5.1p1 (the same like in first case)
Both are connected to internet without NAT, by 2Mbits HDSL
command watched: talk to friend... after some typed chcracters session
hanged. Then I pressed space and 5 new lines appeard..

Today I have connected from the same local computer to that remote
computer and.. I have not been able to observe my problem :((

I understand that it is vary hard to find the reason of my problem but it
realy happends to me! ;-))

Best regards,

				Krzysztof Oledzki