OpenSSH/scp ->> F-Secure SSH server Problems

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Mon Mar 12 03:31:19 EST 2001

[ On Sunday, March 11, 2001 at 12:06:51 (+0100), Markus Friedl wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: OpenSSH/scp ->> F-Secure SSH server Problems
>
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2001 at 12:21:47AM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > OpenSSH does not yet seem to implement server support for SSH-v2.4's
> > "scp" which now, for reasons that mystify me greatly, seems to now
> > depend on sftp on the server side.
> >
> > However I have not had any trouble with any OpenSSH client "scp" talking
> > to an SSH-2.4 server.
>
> you could install openssh's scp on the server then scp works
> from the openssh client.

But that's the part that works already.  It's SSH-2.4.0 client scp to
OpenSSH server that doesn't work (and which needs sftp server-side
support).

(I don't really understand why rcp over ssh wasn't sufficient and why
SSH-2.4.0 now uses the sftp gunge to implement scp, but perhaps there's
a reasonable reason....)

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>