what about socks support?

Edward Geraghty edgy at us.ibm.com
Mon Mar 12 06:34:12 EST 2001

On AIX > v4.3.2 you could always use the built-in sockified stack.. It is
for socks v5
servers only I believe.. It also does unauthenticated SOCKS connection.

 Docs on this can be found at ...

http://www.rs6000.ibm.com/doc_link/en_US/a_doc_lib/libs/commtrf2/socks5c_conf.htm#scs70399bkm

Just need to create a socks5c.conf file and set the varable pointing to
that.. e.g.
     export SOCKS5C_CONFIG=/etc/socks5c.conf

EdGy

Doug E Manton/UK/IBM at IBMGB@mindrot.org on 03/11/2001 06:16:31