prng_cmds/init_rng() question/patch

J.S.Peatfield at damtp.cam.ac.uk J.S.Peatfield at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 13 04:56:19 EST 2001

For the ssh client (only at least) it does seem to be the only dependency on
a fixed path.  In the past we distributed ssh-1 binaries which worked fine
in many places, and with the patch the ssh from openssh-251 also seems to
work fine on its own.

Of course the daemon would take more effort to relocate but I don't expect
sshd to be run by users...

[we provide common ssh binaries for users' to take to remote locations where
they may not find ssh already installed so they can use it to connect back
here.  Normally I'd expect ssh to be properly installed, but I can't assume
much about the random places that our users seem to need to visit.]