SIGHUP/av[0] restart failure

Sandor W. Sklar ssklar at stanford.edu
Sat Mar 17 06:23:29 EST 2001

Hello,

OpenSSH 2.5.1p1 running under AIX 4.3.3ML06.  When I send a HUP
signal to the parent sshd, that parent process dies, it's children
get "adopted" by init, and the following message is put in the error
log ...

Mar 13 12:01:48 whippet sshd[31644]: Received SIGHUP; restarting.
Mar 13 12:01:48 whippet sshd[31644]: RESTART FAILED: av[0]='sshd',
error: No such file or directory.

The sshd program is not named anything unusual, and is located in
/usr/local/sbin.

I searched this list (and other places),  and found some info related
to the above, but not anything that I'd call a solution or a
resolution.

Help?   Thanks!

--
sandor w. sklar                 http://lindy.stanford.edu/~ssklar/
unix systems administrator      polya hall, 255 panama -- mc: 4136
stanford university itss-css    mailto:ssklar at stanford.edu