SecurID

Theo E. Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Tue Mar 20 09:59:08 EST 2001

Read the archive :-)

Will they accept the patch?  The OpenSSH project has made the policy clear --
no.  There is a "rogue" patch already for OpenSSH that support SecurID.  It is
used in production and is considered stable.

http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/projects/

I have not ported the patch up to 2.5.1p1 because I have had _more_ problems
with 2.5.1p1 than with 2.3.0p1.  I have not been motivated to port it (should
take 15 minutes and it could even "fuzzy" patch out-of-the-box).

If people want this ported to 2.5.1p1, I will do it.  I got a slew of email to
port it to 2.3.0p1 and _not a single message_ to port it to 2.5.1p1 -- perhaps
people are seeing the same problems I am.

I was planning on porting on a more "stable" release than 2.5.1p1 (perhaps
2.5.2p1?)

The only issue I have with the OpenSSH group not accepting the patch is that
it makes it more inconvenient for other people to use it.  Other than that, I
could care less.    Many thanks to all of the participants of the OpenSSH
project.  Plain and simple, this product allows me to do my job.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
1024D/A8EBCF8F/13BD 8C08 6BE2 629A 527E  2DC2 72C2 AD05 A8EB CF8F