linux X forwarding still not working

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Wed Mar 21 02:01:21 EST 2001

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Kevin Taylor wrote:
> OpenSSH configured has been configured with the following options.
>                  User binaries: /usr/LOCAL/ssh/bin
>                System binaries: /usr/LOCAL/ssh/sbin
>            Configuration files: /usr/LOCAL/ssh/etc
>                Askpass program: /usr/LOCAL/ssh/libexec/ssh-askpass
>                   Manual pages: /usr/LOCAL/ssh/man/manX
>                       PID file: /usr/LOCAL/ssh/etc
>         sshd default user PATH:
> /usr/sbin:/usr/bsd:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/LOCAL/ssh/bin:/usr/LOCAL/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:
>       Random number collection: Device (/dev/urandom)
>                 Manpage format: man
>                    PAM support: no
>             KerberosIV support: no
>                    AFS support: no
>                  S/KEY support: no
>           TCP Wrappers support: yes
>           MD5 password support: no
>    IP address in $DISPLAY hack: no
>       Use IPv4 by default hack: yes
>        Translate v4 in v6 hack: yes

This message in your previous debug message seems relevant:

debug1: x11_create_display_inet: Socket family 10 not supported

There is a (perhaps) significant difference: you're using /usr/LOCAL tree.

Make sure that XAUTH_PATH in config.h points to the right right place.

--
Pekka Savola                  "Tell me of difficulties surmounted,
Netcore Oy                    not those you stumble over and fall"