Use of non-user readable (null password) private keys

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Wed Mar 28 00:38:43 EST 2001

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 02:11:08PM +0100, Piete Brooks wrote:
> Executive summary: Why can I not have a private key which is `public' ?

You can perform this action by not starting ssh directly but
by starting an intermediate executable which

- Checks if the calling user is allowed to perform that specific action.
- Sets uid to the uid which owns the ssh private key for that action.
- Calls in turn ssh to perform the action.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Developer