RFE: Portable OpenSSH

Christopher Linn celinn at mtu.edu
Wed Mar 28 05:12:58 EST 2001

Gert,

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 08:36:28PM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 01:19:57PM -0500, Christopher Linn wrote:
> > bingo.  the kernel.
>
> Yes, but not all of us have the choice - AIX, SCO, and so on need random
> numbers.  So PRNGd is fine for systems lacking /dev/*random...

whoooooooa!  yes yes yes, i love prngd!  exactly!

what i was doing here was to take the opportunity to politely nudge
someone from a major commercial OS vendor engineering dept about
providing vendor /dev/*random.  if Sun Engineering takes the lead
for this in the commercial market, then the other vendors will be
further behind, and more glaringly so, and perhaps all of them will
get going faster.

now, i would assert that if there are AIX Engineers, SCO Engineers,
etc etc etc reading this list, that they might be made more aware of
the need for this feature, and perhaps this will trickle-up to
Management, and managers would be more motivated if they know Sun
is that much ahead of them!

> gert
> --

sincerely,

chris

--
Christopher Linn, <celinn at mtu.edu>    | By no means shall either the CEC
Staff System Administrator            | or MTU be held in any way liable